Valuations Manager - Consulting Firm
Accounting + Finance
New York, New York
- Conduct financial advisory valuations in buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Review target company financial information and other data to identify:
- Historical and projected financial, operating and commercial trends.
- Quality of earnings adjustments.
- Working capital and net debt considerations.
- Potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company.
- Identify pre- and post-acquisition transaction issues in the context of financial due diligence.
- Identify purchase price reductions, deal restructuring, or other issues affecting a transaction.
- Assist in drafting reports on Quality of Earnings, Working Capital and other transaction related analysis.
- Supervise, develop and evaluate staff.
- Liaise with other disciplines (tax) working on the due diligence projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients, target company management, investment bankers and other client advisors on a transaction.
- Contribute to staff training programs, development of transaction advisory practice aids and to adherence to practice compliance requirements.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline.
3+ years of relevant work experience in accounting or finance.
CPA or CFA designation is a plus.
Strong understanding of the M&A process.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent documentation skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent Excel skills.
Excellent business acumen.
Ability to work effectively and efficiently under the pressure of transaction deadlines.