Job Order ID: 1174
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
- Hands on role, reporting to the CFO, this person would work together with our finance/accounting team and prepare the net capital calculations, assist in completing the FOCUS report, associated monthly/quarterly FINRA and SEC reports.
- Person will also assist heavily with the month end reconciliations and other finance related requests from management.
- In addition, this person will play an integral role in assisting with computing certain haircuts and other net capital charges daily.
- Assist in the preparation of the weekly Customer and PAB Reserve computations.
- Assist in the preparation of daily and monthly 15c3-1 Capital computation and the weekly and monthly 15c3-3 reserve computations.
- Responding to requests from management, independent accountants and/or regulatory bodies related to the financial matter sand regulatory computations
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in regulatory reporting related role either at a clearing broker-dealer , or as a financial auditor/regulatory examiner of clearing broker-dealers
- Proficient with 15c3-1 net capital and 15c3-3 reserve computations
- Ability to work on multiple, complex tasks simultaneously and against aggressive deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced experience/skills with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- Series 27 is a plus, but not required
- CPA is a plus, but not required