Job Order ID: 4205
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
This person will report to the SVP of Finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General ledger accountability, financial reporting, month end close activities, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Assist with tax audit and tax returns
- Verify, allocate, reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
- 5-7+ years experience
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting systems
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong modeling skills