Job Order ID: 757
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: Harrison New York
The Audit Senior will work direct with the engagement partner to develop the audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings. The role will split time between the company’s office as well as the client’s premises to managing the engagement fieldwork. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Knowledge of auditing and accounting standards and the application of GAAP, GAAS & SEC rules.
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Ability to research complex accounting topics
- Identify internal control deficiencies and develop concise summaries of findings for management.
- Understanding of risk assessment processes
- Preparation of financial statements and related footnotes
- Analyze industry trends
- Management of engagement staff to meet deadlines; identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- BA/BS in Accounting degree
- At least 3 years of audit experience in public accounting
- An active CPA license is highly preferred
- Ability to travel to clients within NYC and Westchester