Job Order ID: 5779
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
Specifically, you will:
- Own the company’s accounting processes, ERP, internal controls and policies
- Manage company cash flows and daily liquidity needs in conjunction with Capital Markets
- Supervise the preparation of the waterfall payments required by our lending partners
- Collaborate with the Data team to create efficiencies in the maintenance of the general ledger with regards to borrower payments, loan reconciliations and charge-offs
- Oversee the month-end close process and validate the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger in conjunction with the Accounting Manager
- Produce timely and accurate monthly financial statements, supported by impactful and insightful analysis
- Supervise the company’s annual financial audit, lending partner audit, and coordinate state tax filings with relevant authorities
- Lead the transition from non – Big Four public accounting firm to a Big 4 auditor
- Perform accounting research on new GAAP pronouncements and understand their expected impact on the company’s accounting operations. Particularly, ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, ASC 842 Leases and ASC 326 Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
- Identify and implement best practices, including automation, to reduce error rates and increase overall team productivity
- Provide guidance to Accounting Manager and Accounting team as a whole
- Strong technical accounting background – US GAAP / Technical Accounting / SEC and External Reporting and all applicable disclosure regulations
- Highly developed leadership and people management skills
- Business acumen—ability to understand key aspects of the company’s business strategy as well as the ability to recommend changes that have the potential to further strengthen the Company’s results.
- Excellent technical skills– Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems (preferably Net Suite)
- Excellent communication and ability to understand the context of the audience (both internally and externally) and adapt communication style as necessary
- Strong analytical capabilities as demonstrated by use of probing and thoughtful questions to ensure all relevant information is known and incorporated into decision making process.
- Ability to influence and impact all levels of organization.
- Must have the desire to thrive in a dynamic environment; able to move quickly with program implementation and maintain focus amid change.
- Demonstrates ability to see the big picture / think broadly while also diving down into operational and execution details.