Job Order ID: 2963
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York Bronx
WCS is currently seeking a full-time LPN care manager for a multi-service agency located in the Bronx. The ideal candidate will be LPN licensed and 2+ years of care management experience. This is a true case management role, and will not require clinical duties or responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains required Care Management enrollment consents from the individual or legal guardian
- Responsible for the overall management of the patient’s Individualized Plan of Care.
- Coordinate the enrollee’s provision of services including as per their acuity level.
- Support adherence to treatment recommendations
- Meets client contact requirements (keeping in mind that caseloads may be “blended”):
- Care Managers serving children will be required to have some face-face visits on a consistent schedule as per the mandates of their acuity level (high, medium, or low)
- Completes initial and ongoing needs assessments.
- Monitor and evaluate a patient’s needs
- Functions as an advocate for clients within the agency and external service providers
- Promotes wellness and prevention by linking enrollees with resources and services based on their individual needs and preferences
- Educate the child/caregiver on care of chronic conditions, immunization, screening and other preventive interventions.
- Experience providing service coordination and information, linkages, and referrals for community-based services.
- Effectively communicates and shares information with the individual and their families and other caregivers with appropriate consideration for language, literacy and cultural preferences.
- Conducts care planning meetings/conferences and serves as an interdisciplinary team member to effectively provide/coordinate comprehensive and holistic care
- Identifies available community-based resources and actively manages appropriate referrals, access, engagement, follow-up and coordination of services
- In the event of hospital admissions, actively engages in the discharge planning process ensuring that the patient has all recommended post discharge services in place prior to discharge
- Ensure that child has periodic evaluations regarding clients health and wellness
- All other duties, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Indeed-HCTemp-LPN@whitecapsearch.com, call 646.813.3001, or apply online.
Indeed Code: Indeed1
- Licensed Practical Nurse with two years’ experience
- Bilingual Arabic or Nepali required
- LPN’s serving high acuity enrollees will be required to have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of such children and their families as evidenced by additional years of experience, education, or training.
- LPN’s assigned to children who have medical fragility must have extensive experience in coordinating their care
- NYS LPN Licensed
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, family and staff.
- BLS Required
- PALS Preferred
- Relevant expertise and experience in serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, mental health, healthcare and/or other systems as well as those receiving preventive services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Record systems
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)