Job Order ID: 4418
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
The Manager – Private Debt Operations role will join a team of people located in New York supporting Private Debt/Alternative Operations which includes complex hedge funds and private equity vehicles. The Manager will need to engage key stakeholders including Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Finance and external service providers to ensure timely settlements and maintenance of all private debt investments across the firm. Examples of processes include deal facilitation, settlement, physical security registration, complex debt restructuring and other operational functions.
- Support private debt portfolio managers with settlement oversight and life cycle management on all private/originated loan trades
- Provide necessary oversight and serve as an escalation point to outsourced provider performing back office related functions (settlements, asset setup, waterfall calculations, P&I processing etc.)
- Educate service providers and internal stakeholders on deal mechanics and structuring
- Assist with complex loan amendments and restructurings
- Manage cross functional projects to improve specific processes
- Work with the Alternative Finance team on fund development and deal facilitation issues
- Develop proper controls and oversight for the private loan investments
- Assist with the operational aspects of bespoke loan financings
- Operational support across private and direct originated debt including term loan, revolver and delayed draw loans.
- Knowledge of loan settlement process including complex deal structures and control/pledge agreements
- Understanding of loan set up, interest calculations, amendments, restructuring and loan agency
- Management of fund level and asset based financings such as loan TRS, bespoke facility agreements
- Ability to work in fast paced environment is a must
- Experience with common private equity frameworks from booking and settlement through accounting and maintenance of deals post settlement.
- Custody and accounting service provider relationship management for supported products
- Understanding of private equity legal structures a plus
- BS degree in Finance or related degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of Operations experience supporting private debt/credit.
- Good understanding of loan based products, ideally term loans, revolvers, delayed draw, private originated debt
- Ability to pull out key terms from credit facility documentation and explain deal structuring
- Solid understanding of fund accounting across complex asset classes
- Proven experience with loan restructuring and physical registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, suitable for client meetings
- Proven track record managing complex securities and processing tasks, particularly with financing instruments and strategies
- Good working knowledge of Excel, and Bloomberg essential.
- Understanding of SQL and database query tools a plus.