Job Order ID: 184
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York United States
Target Salary: $80,000
The position will assist with the preparation and review of SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and others as appropriate) as well as materials for the quarterly analyst call and other external presentations and projects. The position will also assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, and determining the accounting treatment for specific accounting issues. Specifically, the job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation and review of information included in financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and related information and schedules which are included in SEC filings.
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly analytics provided to Leadership.
- Monitor and assess the impact of FASB, EITF and SEC newly released financial accounting regulations and pronouncements and assist in the implementation of accounting and reporting related to new pronouncements.
- Interface with Company management, outside public accountants, corporate accounting, treasury and legal departments, among others, on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the assessment and review of financial controls.
- Assist in the preparation and review of XBRL detail tagging for SEC filings.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of technical accounting issues by providing well-documented technical accounting guidance and recommendations to management.
- Provide leadership in the development and improvement of the Company’s global accounting policies and procedures.
- Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to Company disclosures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA license or working towards
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting and Big 4 experience a must
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a strong work ethic
- Very well organized, detail oriented, will need to track own progress on a number of tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Technical MS skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint