Job Order ID: 2762
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
The Senior Market Research Associate role is housed within the U.S. Corporate Finance Business Relationship Management (BRM) group based in New York. The candidate will be a key member of the Corporate BRM team. This Team’s principal objective is to generate new Corporate Finance rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing and relationship development amongst bankers, issuers and sponsors.
- The candidate will support the senior members of the US Corporate BRM Team in managing and developing the Company’s business relationships.
- The role requires a basic understanding of the debt capital markets and ratings business. Some exposure to corporate credit analysis considered helpful. The candidate must have strong analytical capabilities coupled with aspirations to develop marketing acumen longer term.
- The candidate will be responsible for research, development, and preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials under guidance from senior members of the team. Individual must be self-sufficient and adept at putting together PowerPoint presentations and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing quantitative models and databases
- The candidate will need to monitor fixed income market news, debt issuances, corporate refinancing and M&A activities daily, and to look out for the Company’s rating opportunities. He/she will be responsible for tracking deals in the market, maintaining internal reports and internal databases with company/ target and contacts information.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a degree in business, finance or economics
- Self-starter who can understand objectives, work independently and is highly motived.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data demonstrated through strong excel modeling
- Great presentation/PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with analytical aptitude.
- Team oriented, with an ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
- High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience