Job Order ID: 333
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York NY United States
Target Salary: $100,000
The senior tax accountant prepares more complex tax returns including (1040’s, 1120, 1120s, 1065, 1041 and 709) returns. Each tax senior is responsible for completing the tax returns assigned and taking to completion for final review by a partner.
In addition, senior accountants are expected to:
(1) Have familiarity with the standard firm’s policies and procedures.
(2) Understand the rules, regulations and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
(3) Progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.
(4) Interact with clients for compliance and consulting services.
(5) Supervise, develop and train tax staff.
(6) Work closely with the partners.
(7) Regarding tax engagements:
(a) Have a working knowledge of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
(b) Have a working knowledge of research techniques including CCH, BNA and RIA.
(c) Be proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
Be responsible for the completion of tax returns assigned to them with minimal supervision.
Have sufficient accounting skills to make adjustments to client submitted accounting information.
Contact clients directly when necessary to gather required information.
Experience and/or willingness to work in a paperless environment. Familiarity with ProSystem FX a plus.
Proficiency with Excel and Word and Quickbooks.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work well under pressure and within a team environment while being able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment while applying proficiencies of a trained accountant.
Strong team player and active participant within the firm.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and openness to work on a variety of assignments.