Job Order ID: 2779
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
- Prepare federal partnership tax returns and Schedule K-1s for tiered holdings partnerships and regarded advisor entities. Assist with the federal return for publicly traded partnerships and multi-state tax return preparation for tiered partnerships.
- Gather and analyze complex financial information for purposes of tax reform, PFIC, CFCs, etc.
- Assist with the U.S. reporting of foreign investments and reporting of U.S. investments held by Non-US citizens.
- Participate in tracking partnership/partner tax basis.
- Perform complex allocations of income/debt.
- Calculate and track book/tax differences.
- Compile and review partner data.
- Respond to tax authority requests.
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance.
- Perform quarterly and annual partnership projections and allocations to assist the Firm’s partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare summaries of state income/apportionment factors.
- Prepare partnership withholdings including ECI, FDAP and states withholding and composite payment.
- Maintain partnership units and PSPs.
- Ensure proper work paper documentation.
- Assist with income tax provision preparation (ASC 740)
- Assist with corporate tax return preparation.
- Assist with tax research and special projects.
- Respond to partners’ tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships. Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience to carry out the responsibilities of the position, gained in either Public Accounting and/or a combination of both public and private experience.
- Strong computer skills, especially strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and V lookups.
- Working knowledge of tax return preparation systems, especially OneSource.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.