Job Order ID: 3550
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: New York New York
The VP (Manager) and/or Associate (depending on experience level) will join a team who supports a portfolio of complex hedge funds and private equity vehicles. This individual will engage with key stakeholders including Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Finance and external service providers to ensure timely settlements and maintenance of all private credit/loan investments across the firm. Some of these processes include deal facilitation, settlement, cash movement, and complex debt restructuring.
- Provide direct support to Portfolio Management team with full life-cycle management on all private/originated loan trades
- Serve as an escalation point to outsourced administrator who is responsible for performing most back-office related functions (i.e…settlements, asset setup, waterfall calculations, P&I processing etc.)
- Educate administrator and internal stakeholders on deal mechanics and structuring
- Assist with complex loan amendments and restructurings
- Manage cross functional projects to improve specific processes
- Work with Finance team on fund development and deal facilitation issues
- Create proper controls and oversight for the private loan investments across fund
- Assist with the operational aspects of bespoke loan financings
- BS degree in Finance or related business degree;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant operations experience supporting debt related products
- Good understanding of loan based products, ideally term loans, revolvers, delayed draw, private originated debt
- Ability to pull out key terms from credit facility documentation and explain deal structuring
- Solid understanding of fund accounting across complex asset classes
- Proven experience with loan restructuring and physical registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, suitable for client meetings
- Proven track record managing complex securities and processing tasks, particularly with financing instruments and strategies
- Good working knowledge of Excel, and Bloomberg essential.
- Understanding of SQL and database query tools a plus.